Tung Oil is a hard drying wood oil that provides a lustrous and beautiful finish. It resists marring, penetrates well, and is environmentally friendly. Real Milk Paint's tung oil is 100% pure and of the highest quality you’ll find. It’s all-natural, food safe, and creates a matte finish. FDA approved for food contact.
8oz. Covers 25 sq. feet
Tung Oil (Milk Paint)
The Tung Oil offered by Real Milk Paint is a 100% pure oil meaning it comes without any heavy metals, additives, or distillates. Most other oils can be anything from a thinned down varnish to polymerized tung, and most have petroleum distillates added. Real Milk Paint's tung oil will not build a gloss finish or heavy finish but will penetrate deeply into the wood to enhance character and water resistance while creating a great wood finish.
This makes Real Milk Paint's pure tung oil perfect for uses such as wood counter tops, bowls, butcher blocks, cutting boards, chopping blocks, outdoor furniture, decks, wood siding, wood flooring, concrete, brick and just about any porous surface that needs an environmentally friendly product.
- Zero VOC’s
- All Natural means “Green”
- Freshness Guaranteed (fresh pumped daily)!
- Best Available, Grade 1 yellow
- Naturally polymerizing finish
- Cures by oxidation, not evaporation
- Does not form a glossy finish no matter the number of coats
- Form a flexible waterproof finish
- Resists abrasion and acids
- Does not blister and peel (properly applied)
- Does not mold like linseed oil
- Long shelf life (will last for years, properly sealed)
- Does not darken with time like linseed oil
- Concentrated (thin one to one, doubles the coverage)
- Combined with “Citrus Solvent” makes an all-natural finish
- FDA approved for food contact
- Does not go rancid
- 7 to 10 days partial cure, 15 to 30 days full cure